A cheerful Day of the Dead paper mache skull mask.
Designed by: Lori Butler
Skill level (1-5): 3
Time to complete: 45 minutes
Age range: 10+
Messy level (1-5): 3
- Artminds Extra Fine Glitter Stacker: Crystal Diamond (#226118 UPC 40010025710)
- Artminds Extra Fine Glitter Stacker: Amethyst (#226107 UPC 400100025611)
- Artminds Glitter Liners: Blue/Lime/Pink (#226037 UPC 400100025017)
- Artminds Glitter Liners: Gold/Silver/Copper (#226032 UPC 400100024973)
- Paper mache skull mask
- Ribbon – pink
- Craft brush
- Paper plate
- Marker – purple
- Craft paint: white, orange, yellow, purple, green, pink
- Craft glue
- Hot glue
- Paint skull mask white, let dry.
- Cover skull with craft glue, sprinkle with Crystal Diamond glitter, let dry.
- Draw heart on center of forehead, draw daisy on each side of heart.
- Draw flower shapes around eye openings as shown in photo.
- Paint heart pink, center of daisies purple, and petals yellow. Paint green teardrops over heart as shown.
- Paint one flower around eye with green petals. Paint second flower orange.
- Paint yellow line around nose.
- Trace teeth with purple marker.
- Cover daisy centers with glue and Amethyst glitter, let dry.
- Outline daisy petals and nose with copper glitter liner, let dry.
- Outline heart and green flower around eye with pink glitter liner.
- Draw heart on chin with pink glitter liner, fill in, let dry.
- Outline orange flower, and pink heart on chin, with green glitter liner, let dry.
- Add accents to skull with green glitter liner as shown in photo.
- Glue ribbon to inside edges of mask as shown, using hot glue.