Designed by: Lori Butler
Skill level (1-5): 3
Time to complete: 2 hours
Age range: 12+
Messy level (1-5): 3
- Artminds Glitter Stacker: Crystal Diamond, Chocolate Diamond, Ruby
- Artminds Glitter Variety Pack
- Artminds Gems
- Artminds birdhouse
- Creatology Felt Snowflake Shapes
- Creatology Foam Shapes Marshmallows
- Creatology chenille pipe cleaners
- Styrofoam balls
- Assorted striped ribbon, tinsel ribbon
- Michael’s charger plate – gold
- Craft brush
- Craft glue
- Cover sides of house with glue and Artminds Chocolate Diamond Glitter, let dry.
- Make two small candy canes by wrapping striped ribbon around half of a white chenille stem, attach with glue, shape into cane.
- Make three larger candy canes by wrapping striped ribbon around one white chenille stem folded in half, attach with glue,shape into cane.
- Cover all candy canes with glue and sugar glitter, let dry.
- Glue two small candy canes around hole in birdhouse. Glue two larger candy canes to front.
- Make peppermints by flattening small styrofoam balls, cover with sugar glitter, then swirls of red glitter.
- Make gumdrops by shaping halves of small styrofoam balls into gumdrop shape, cover with different colors of glitter.
- Cover roof with “shingles” of glue, sprinkle with Diamond glitter.
- Glue alternating peppermints and gumdrops around bottom sides of house. Glue one peppermint to front of house under hole.
- For snowman, cover two styrofoam balls in glue and Artminds Diamond glitter, glue together.
- Cover small piece of wooden dowel with orange glitter for snowman’s nose, attach to face.
- Attach Artminds gems for snowman’s eyes and mouth.
- Add twig arms and length of tinsel ribbon for scarf.
- For snowman’s hat, cover foam marshmallow and felt snowflake with Diamond Glitter, glue snowflake to bottom of marshmallow.
- Glue a length of striped ribbon around rim of hat, glue to top of snowman’s head.
- Cover rim of charger plate with glue and ruby glitter.