Make this large Glitter filled Snowman ornament for a decoration or gift.
Designed by: Lori Butler
Skill level (1-5): 3
Time to complete: 1 hour
Age range: 14+
Messy level (1-5): 3
- Artminds Mini Embellishments – Santa Hat (#279009 UPC 886946287664)
- Sparrow Innovations Miniatures – Shovel and Broom (#1500-22 UPC 813550012443)
- Artminds Extra Fine Glitter Stacker – Crystal Diamond (#226118 UPC 400100025710)
- Artminds Ornament Flakes – Clear (#279285 UPC 886946290022)
- Paper clay
- Styrofoam ball
- Black, Orange craft paint
- Craft brush
- Black, pearl buttons
- Tinsel ribbon
- Hollow clear glass ornament
- E6000 glue
- Hot Glue
- Make a carrot-shaped nose from paper clay, let dry.
- Cover styrofoam ball with glue, sprinkle with Crystal Diamond glitter, let dry.
- Paint carrot nose orange, sprinkle with Crystal Diamond glitter, let dry.
- Glue nose and button eyes to face with hot glue.
- Paint coal mouth with black paint and craft brush as shown in photo.
- Remove ornament cap and fill the ornament with ornament flakes.
- Glue ornament cap to top of snowman’s head with hot glue, pressing into styrofoam ball.
- Cut a small slit into back of hat to allow slipping over ornament cap, secure hat to head with glue.
- Glue tinsel ribbon around hat brim.
- Glue ornament to snowman head, pressing glass neck into styrofoam ball.
- Using E6000 glue, glue buttons and broom and shovel to glass ornament, let dry.
- Wrap red tinsel ribbon around snowman’s neck for scarf.