Chandelier embellished with muslin roses, vintage crystal, keys, jewels, and glitter.
Designed by: Lori Butler
Skill Level (1-5): 3
Time to complete: 3 hours
Messy Level (1-5): 3
- ArtMinds Extra Fine Glitter – Chocolate Diamond (400100025659)
- ArtMinds Extra Fine Glitter – 24 Karat (400100025574)
- ArtMinds Extra Fine Glitter – Crystal Diamond (400100025710)
- Metal hanging basket planter
- Vintage keys, crystals, charms, etc.
- Vintage rhinestones, buttons, etc.
- Tim Holtz key embellishments
- Various ribbons, lace, string
- Craft bird
- Small spray of paper or silk flowers
- Craft glue
- Hot glue
- Needle and thread
- Add glue to bird’s wings then dust with ArtMinds Chocolate Diamond Glitter, let dry.
- Make several (about one dozen) fabric roses from 18-inch long, 1.5-inch wide strips of muslin material: wind one end of muslin strip in a spiral, secure with needle and thread, or glue, as you go. Cut longer strips for larger roses. See photo for reference.
- Add glue and ArtMinds 24 Karat Glitter to edges of fabric roses, let dry.
- Glue rhinestones or buttons to center of each fabric rose.
- Add glue and ArtMinds Crystal Diamond Glitter to paper or silk flowers, let dry.
- Turn basket upside down to form a chandelier.
- Glue spray of flowers to top of basket in a circle to form nest.
- Glue bird to top of nest on basket.
- Tie keys, crystals, buttons, and charms to different lengths of various ribbons and laces; hang from center of basket.
- Using hot glue, glue fabric roses around outside of basket. See photo for reference.
- Tie long piece of ribbon to center for hanger.